- my son, who is so smart and incredible and sweet and...and...well, just wonderful. I adore him so much I cannot even put it into words. He's reading, and doing so well he barely needs help, except when he decides he's just not into it and would rather you just read for him. He draws awesome pictures and when he colors, he is meticulous about staying in the lines. He doesn't pick up his room or put away his clothes or rarely does he actually listen to what we tell him - but right now, I don't care. He's my buddy, my friend, and my love.
- my daughter, who is also super smart, but mostly right now she's just a princess. A diva. A beautiful little blonde-haired, blue-eyed sweetie who gives butterfly kisses, Eskimo kisses and sloppy wet kisses and hugs that could break your heart with the amount of love she puts into them. Who says, "Ok, I'll get up - after I'm done sleeping." At 2 1/2 years old....she's a woman after my own heart. Who wants her soft blankie just-so, and her fluffy blanket tucked all around her, and her Dora comforter up to her neck. Oh, and I cannot forget to kiss bunny and Curly Shirley - the comfort toys she cannot sleep without. I so adore every little thing about her - even with the attitude!
- my husband, who is always there. I feel like I should say more - but I don't think it's necessary. He's there. He's not out somewhere else doing God only knows what, but he's home, with me. He's my love, my life, my friend and my future.
- my job. Though it may be the most difficult job I've had to-date, I'm thankful for it.
- friends who think enough of us to ask us over for dinner again and again, though we, ourselves, rarely entertain.
- the ability to be creative enough to make Christmas presents this year and have some guarantee that they'll be well received rather than dumped in a drawer to collect dust when I'm not looking.
What are you thankful for this year?