- October was my birthday month. The 16th. It was a very nice day, even though I worked all day! I got a new cell phone! YAY! Good-bye TracFone!
- My friend SW visited from New York and I got to spend some time with her. Granted, it wasn't quality time - but I am so glad she decided, on a whim (very un SW-like) to buy a plane ticket and come for a visit. It was really, really good to see her!
- I'm still employed. My job is amazingly busy, which seems to account for my lack of posting to my blog, but I do really like it. Except for the whole having-to-process-payroll-and-be-responsible-for-other-people's-money thing. That, I could do without. Otherwise, it's a great job and I'm very blessed.
- We went on vacation during the last week of Oct. We visited St. Augustine, FL and had a fabulous time. I actually even got to spend a couple of days with my little sister, HB, who lives about an hour south of St. Augustine in Daytona Beach. It was SUCH an amazing thing to get to talk to her, face-to-face, and actually learn more about her as an adult! The last time I saw her, she was 19 and in my wedding! That was over 9 years ago! It was almost 12 before that. Thanks to my Aunt and Uncle in Maryland (no AC/UB, the other ones...sorry) for providing the beautiful condo we stayed in!
- Kiddo got his very first soccer trophy on Monday. He was SO excited he could hardly stand himself! He wanted to carry it around with him, but I had to convince him of just how upset he'd be if he accidentally dropped and broke it. He conceded, and allowed me to put it up on a shelf where he could admire it from afar. Way to go, my little guy. I'm VERY proud of you!
- Little Bit is becoming the little fashionista. She really likes to pick her own clothes and has definite opinions of what she will and will not wear. It's really pretty funny.
- Oh, and we missed Halloween this year because we were traveling back from Florida. Kiddo and Little Bit seem only slightly upset by this...and are already thinking about costumes for next year. Frankly, though, I'm glad I didn't have to worry about it this year!
Anyway - that's about it for now. I'm sure there's plenty more where that came from, but again...time is a-wastin'!