Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"So...whaddaya think about your new job?"

This morning, I figured out where the mail room is at my new office.  Yeah - I know...seems silly, right?  But really it is a very good thing for me to know were the out-going mail goes; part of my job, after all, is sending letters and such.
 
Someone asked me just a few minutes ago, "Is it too early to tell, or do you think you're going to like it here?"
 
Well, so far everyone has been really great.  The office is beautiful.  The work is pretty self-explanitory.  I like my boss.  These are all very good points.  The gold stars on the chart, so-to-speak, are stacking up relatively quickly.
 
The hardest part of my job so far has been learning all about the health care stuff.  This information will be intregal to my success here, not to mention that there are so many little nuances that I need to know.  But I know I can do it.
 
*****
 
One quick thing and then I've got to WORK!  :)
 
I got a voice mail message at my office just before I left work yesterday.  It said, "Hi mom!  It's [Kiddo].  I just wanted to tell you I love you.  Um...  Bye!"  and then you hear, "Can I tell her?"  and then "I love you, too, mommy!"
 
Made my heart glad.
 
TTFN
JMS

1 comment:

Marsha Loftis said...

Good luck at your job. I always hated the first few weeks of a new job. I hated being new.