Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Did you ever have one of *THOSE* days?

Yesterday was Tuesday.  A normal, average, everyday....Tuesday.  Except that it wasn't.  I was discombobulated from the start; I'd woken up on the wrong side of the bed - figuratively speaking.  Not that I was in a bad mood, really - but I wasn't feeling completely OK mentally and emotionally, either.

So work was slow, but actually not too bad.  I was able to get everything on my plate accomplished for a change, which was a nice feeling.  But the gray, windy, water-logged day that loomed outside my window kept me feeling very somber.

Quite honestly - I think I'm still struggling internally with several things that have happened over the last few days, both in the main-stream media and in my own little personal life.  Not the least of which is the Osama bin Laden situation.  I'm sticking with Proverbs 24:17-18 - it comforts me right now.  It makes me remember that there is a reason I feel the way I feel about the entire thing.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, or the Lord will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him."
Of course there's also the death of my friend from church.  I'm still very reflective.  I'm trying to consider how best I can help the family he left behind - in my small way, and in my free time.  Which sounds sarcastic, but isn't.

Also, my car has been giving me trouble, which has me concerned because I have no idea how we're going to pay to have it fixed.  It stalled on me three times on the way home - in rush-hour traffic, of course - which caused me to call Our Favorite Mechanic to tell him I was headed over there and needed him to look at the car...right now.  I limped the car over to his shop, and after putting it up on the rack and staring at it for several minutes, Our Favorite Mechanic's Assistant announced, "Well, it ain't gonna be cheap," and then further explained the problem.  I don't recall the exact terms, except to say that something is leaking into something and it's corroding from the inside causing the thing (that's a technical term, you know) to short out, which is making the car stall.

After some fancy switching of cars, I finally arrived at my other job at church, an hour and a half later than I'd intended.

I then proceeded to smash my daughter in the face with the heavy front door of the church.  I'm still so upset about that I could cry every time I think about it.  I had my hands full of work stuff, and my purse and I was carrying all of our drive-through dinners.  I got my pinkie finger on my right hand around the front door handle and pulled, then stuck my right foot in the door and shoved it open with my foot.  Never dreaming that my daughter was behind the door!  I couldn't see her!  I thought she was behind me, but she was behind the door.  The door hit her square on the left side of her face and knocked her flat on her backside in the pouring rain.  Oh, did I mention it was pouring rain at that time, too?  Oh, did I feel awful!  She cried.  I dumped the food on the floor inside the church entrance and flew back out to get her, as she was still sitting in the rain puddles, crying.

Nothing is broken, thank goodness.  But she's going to have quite a bruise.  She had an ice pack almost immediately and then ate her food and played quietly with her brother until I got finished with my work.  Then we went home, I gave her some ibuprofen, and she fell asleep.

Several other things happened yesterday, too.  One of which is that I called my boss (for all intents and purposes) from the church and verbally vomited my frustrations on her.  Thankfully she is a very calm soul, and someone I trust completely, so she was able to calm me down and get me refocused on what I have on my enormous to-do list.

Suffice it to say, I am very glad yesterday is over.  Now I just have to get through today and I think I'll be OK for the rest of the week.

Thanks for letting me get all that out!  Phew.  OK.  Now moving forward...

TTFN
JMS

No comments: