Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My personal brand of insanity...

What is the definition of insanity?  The answer, the way I've heard it said, is "Trying the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome."

What's my definition of insanity?
  • Talking to my African violet plant as if it can understand me.  Someone has to encourage it to grow up big and strong and beautiful.
  • Making sure there are no wrinkles in the bed sheets before I get in
  • Straightening pictures on the wall of the doctor's office
  • The absolute need I have to know which route we're going to take when someone else is driving.  I just need a little piece of information about the planned route so I can have the map in my head or else I cannot just sit back and relax.
  • I can read a book cover to cover, then pick it up and read it cover to cover again
  • And speaking of books, I make it my mission to pick out editorial "oopsies" in published works.  There are A TON of them!  Seriously people - get a better editor or at least remember to use spell check once in a while!  And don't even get me started on the Kindle version of books; the formatting errors are many and laughable!
  • I still sleep with a blankie
Ok - so I suppose those aren't really definitions of insanity - but they sure do help explain me better!  Stay tuned - you never know what will show up here!

TTFN
JMS

No comments: