Sunday, January 25, 2015

Shoe Shopping and Sugar

So today, I got to spend money I didn't intend to spend…yet.

Kiddos needed new shoes.  Both of them had squished toesies.  I knew new shoes were on the horizon, but I didn’t realize how bad it was until I had to tie Miss G’s shoes today.  I pushed on the ends of her shoes and said, “Oh!  Are those your toes!?

She said, “Yeah.  Why?”  All very matter-of-fact.

I said, “Because they’re all squished into your shoes!  Why didn't you tell me?”

She said, “Um…because they’re just…my shoes.”

(sigh)

Meanwhile, Mr. C, overhearing at least part of this conversation, starts in with, “I need new shoes, too, mom.  Mine are too small and there’s a hole somewhere and water keeps getting in whenever it’s wet and they’re not too great in gym class anymore and…”

I have to shush him or he’ll continue.  I get the picture.

I’m not a neglectful parent, I just really had no idea that both of them were in such desperate need of need of new footwear.

To make a long story short, we wound up at one place where both Miss G and Hubby (because apparently he just had to join the club) each found a pair of shoes they were happy with, but Mr. C didn't find anything.  He was miffed because he decided that Miss G got more help finding her shoes than he did and he just couldn't decide.  He didn't see anything he really liked anyway.

We went to another place where he found a pair right away that he loved.  Thank goodness.

And, of course, both kids had to put on their new shoes as soon as we got into the car.

Really, it’s been a very long day.  It is exhausting buying shoes for three kids.  Um…yes.  I did just include Hubby in that count.

TTFN
JMS

PS: Don't mention donuts to my children, by the way.  It's like mentioning coffee (or bacon) to me.  Let me just say there's a reason it's 8:30 PM and they're both still awake.

No comments: