Friday, March 06, 2015

Tidbits

Girl-child’s 8th birthday is this Sunday and she wants to take a friend to Build-a-Bear and then to out for lunch (or maybe lunch first).  This is the same thing she did last year and she was absolutely thrilled with it.  I think her chosen friend is excited, too.  Girl-child was given the option of a party at the church or something a little more special; she chose The Special.  Boy-child’s 11th birthday is the 26th (yes – both my kiddos are March babies) and he wants to take a friend to Jump Jam.  He was given the same option as his sister and also chose The Special.  Lunch, too, of course.  Trying to get all that worked out, plus figure out when we can go up to visit the aunts and uncles and grandparents who want to wish them a happy birthday, too.  March is always a little overwhelming for me.  Plus, my sister’s birthday is the 30th.  Sigh.  I guess I’d better get on that, too.

***

Planning to attend another girl’s night next Friday (the 13th…woo) and we’re going to have a St. Patrick’s Day meal; Corned Beef and Cabbage (yum!).  We do a pot-luck meal, but trying to feed all of us is, as usual, proving to be difficult.  One is a Glutard (no – I’m not being mean, that’s what she calls herself!  She’s gluten-intolerant.); another doesn’t eat veggies, another is diabetic, I’m counting calories.  Sheesh.  But it always works out and there’s always a lot of fun and laughter.  (Just in case you’re wondering, I’m bringing spinach artichoke dip, which feeds the gluten intolerant, the diabetic and me.  Even the veggiephobe says she actually likes spinach if it’s cooked in something or in a salad!)

***

I was up and at ‘em this morning with a crick in my neck.  Painful, yes – but mostly just annoying.  Who likes not being able to turn their head left and right?  Not me, that’s for sure.

***

I made dinner last night.  Hubby helped.  The kids always ask for my ranch chicken so last night, it was made.  Both kiddos scarfed down three pieces of chicken (I use the smaller chicken tender strips) before hubby had even gotten to the table.  Plus steamed red potatoes and green peas and dinner was proclaimed by all to be a wild success.  Go me!  (Yeah – we all know how much I hate to cook – but that doesn’t mean that I can’t cook.  It used to be that I could burn water – truly, there are witnesses to this – but I’ve managed to figure things out.)

***

One week to go and then I’m taking a week off for Spring Break.  Not going anywhere.  However I believe I am renting a dumpster and throwing everything in my house away that isn’t nailed down or absolutely necessary.  I’ve already discovered they won’t deliver a P.O.D.S. to my house so we can’t just store stuff out of the way.  I suppose a yard sale this Spring is vital.  Anyone want a buncha junk?

TTFN
JMS

No comments: