Monday, January 04, 2016

Acts of Awesome 2016


Happy New Year!

One of my first Acts of Awesome 2016 was to drop my cell phone in the toilet.  Yuck!  I was lucky the toilet had not only been flushed (it’s a risk, with two small kiddos in the house, that it might not have been) but was also clean.  I managed to grab my phone out of the watery abyss lickety-split, and thankfully it was encased in its meager covering which provided it some protection.  The speaker is wonky now, but if that’s the only thing wrong with it, I’ll take it.   

Haven’t tried to make a call with it yet (I dislike actually talking on the phone, in case you didn’t know) but it seems to be okay.  The touch-screen functions, it charges like it should…  I am taking this almost-unfortunate incident to be a sign of things to come.  Things may look bad, but they really won’t be.  Although I could also say that since I dislike this little phone it may have been a blessing for drowning to be the cause of its demise.  Who needs a cell phone anyway?  Either way, it has been rescued to live another day.

Of course, I will keep telling myself things are wonderful.  I will not let my negativity or sarcasm shine through.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I might be able to keep the negativity in check (for the most part) but trying to keep the sarcasm at bay will, at the very least make me twitch, and at the very worst most likely kill me.  So sarcasm, being part of my ultimate charm, will stay right where it should be.

Anyway, I guess that’s it for now.  Happy 2016!

TTFN
JMS

No comments: