Saturday, June 24, 2006

The British Comedies

Does the name Hyacinth Bucket ring a bell to anyone? Or, as the show is officially called, "Keeping Up Appearances"? Love the show, absolutely cannot stand the woman, which usually means I have a tough time watching it. She is absolutely the most obnoxious person I have ever seen! Are there really people like her in the world; or are they just in Britain? Speaking of British comedies, we’re currently watching "Waiting for God"; an hysterical comedy about a retirement home. More specifically, Diana (who is the most awful woman you could want to meet, yet somehow manages to be ridiculously funny at the same time) and her pseudo-roommate/gentleman friend/punching-bag, Tom, who is slightly on the loony side. This one is most definitely worth watching. Oh - and there’s my personal favorite, "As Time Goes By" with Dame Judy Dench and Geoffrey Palmer as Jean & Lionel, respectively. Hey - this one needs no explanation except that its JUDY DENCH for goodness sake! It’s got to be good, right? And there’s this strange one called "Last of the Summer Wine", which I don’t exactly get, but it certainly is funny - most of the time. There was one called "'Allo, 'Allo", but I don’t know what happened to it and I wasn’t fond of it to begin with and therefore I don’t miss it all that much. Anyway - thought I’d share. If you don’t watch the British comedies - you’re definitely missing out on some wonderful viewing! TTFN JMS PS: Kiddo has not had a temp at all today and has been generally good! Thanks for all the prayers you sent up - I think they helped!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you hate Mrs.(it's pronounced) "Bouquet"?! Oh man she cracks me up, she's SO uppity and nosy, brilliant! And her poor tortured husband. Classic.

If you ever get a chance to catch Little Britain, it's the absolute best comedy, totally hyseterical.

Cara J. said...

"Fawltey Towers", "Are you being Served?" and "Absolutely Fabulous" as well, and for those that are into SciFi you can add Dr. Who and perhaps we'll get the new "Prisoner" as well (at least I'm hoping!)