Monday, June 26, 2006

Peeves

No - I don’t mean the poltergeist of Harry Potter fame, I mean peeves, as in Pet Peeves - things that are irritating even in their existence. Here are a list of mine, in case you wanted to know: * Toilets seats that move when you sit on them. Who really wants to think about the ickiness on the back of your leg should the seat slide and allow you to accidentally touch the porcelain? Certainly not I. * People who don’t wash their hands after using the restroom. I’m referring here, to the inevitable happening of you’re being in a stall in a public restroom and someone comes in, uses the facilities, touching everything in sight, and proceeds to leave the restroom without (hear me, folks), WITHOUT washing their hands!!! And people wonder why they get sick? * People who have pets (specifically dogs) and leave them in the yard. Here’s a hint, if you can’t take care of it, don’t take it home! And while I’m on the subject of animals, how about those folks who insist on letting their animal, dog, cat, or otherwise, have "just one litter" before getting them fixed? I don’t understand that logic; a thought process totally beyond my comprehension. * The fact that there are people in this world who should never, in a million millennia, ever be allowed to have, much less raise, children. Conversely, that there are people in this world who should be allowed to have, and to raise, multiple children, and yet they cannot - for various reasons. That’s just sad to me; there should be a law...I just have to remember that God always has a plan, even if I don’t like or understand it. * Ice trays filled too full so when they freeze it’s all one big frigging cube! * Having to turn socks right-side-out before washing them; yuck! * The fact that I must (yes, must) straighten the sheets prior to getting into bed (mostly because the bed never gets made when we get out of it). Actually, I think that’s probably one of Hubby’s pet peeves. I guess it’s just my slight OCD rearing it’s ugly head. * Toilet paper UNDER rather than OVER. * Nasty toothpaste caps. Ah...the list could go on but it’s probably a good idea for me to stop now. I wonder, can you tell the kind of day I’ve had? Oh - and I have to be at work at 6:00 AM on Wednesday. Just one more thing to gripe about. TTFN JMS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who has OCD? Yes you do!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
Your list of peeves looks EXACTLY like my list! :-)
~Sam~

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have the toilet paper one!

And the toothpaste thing... how about ketchup bottles?! They can get so nasty!

Anonymous said...

i put the t paper on under so that the dogs can't unroll it - hahaha
Also the paper towels so that when I take a kleenex from the box on top of the paper towels, it stays there - so------------ how do you like those reasons?
happy fourth - see my darling daughter today and hopefully on the fourth too. JR