Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I GOT FLOWERS!!! (and other subjects) (Originally posted February 21, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM LIVEJOURNAL Yesterday – my sweet Hubby sent flowers to me at work. It was lovely because the girls up front were wondering who they were from and what the occasion was, and it pleased me so much to be able to say, “They’re from my husband, and there is no special occasion!” I’ve never been able to say that before and it really is nice. Such a nice surprise – it totally made my day. Other than that, not much happened. I had an e-mail late yesterday afternoon from my Aunt P (who is actually my cousin, I think – but I’ve always referred to her as my Aunt) who gave me some insight into the whole depression meds thing. She has a PhD in Psychology (did I get that right Aunt P?) so I think she’s worthy of an ear or two. She suggested that part of my problem might not just be the depression – it might also be the ADD; our family is riddled with it. ADD, coupled with the depression, it’s no wonder I’m a disorganized mess all the time! She said with the right dose of ADD meds, it would be like putting on glasses and seeing/thinking clearly for the first time. Boy, what I wouldn’t give to know what that feels like! I did take Ritalin for about a month back many, many years ago in my “past life”, but I didn’t feel any different – I didn’t see the world through “rose colored glasses” as my doctor specifically told me I would – so I stopped taking the meds and have never thought about them again. Aunt P said that it was probably because the dosage was wrong. Anyway – when the baby is born, and I’ve finished breastfeeding, I’m going to look into just that and give it a try. I expressed to her my concerns about medicating myself for so many things, but I think she’s right and at this point I’m willing to try just about anything. On other subjects – Kiddo’s room is still clean (yay!); Hubby spent a good part of last night disinfecting our kitchen which will hopefully combat these ugly little critters we’ve seen lately (yuck), and also cooked steak and potatoes for dinner (yum!). TTFN JMS

No comments: