Friday, March 02, 2007

Scattered (Originally posted March 2, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM LIVEJOURNAL I’ve just eaten an entire sleeve of thin mints (you know, Girl Scout cookies?). I don’t know what possessed me, but I couldn’t quit once I started. I know that in about an hour I’m going to be shaking like a leaf and looking like I’ve just given myself an injection of pure caffeine...but I don’t care. It will have been worth it. The only thing that could have made those thin mints better is if they’d been frozen! Yum! And so the countdown begins... I’ve finally gotten my bag almost completely packed; a few things still to be added at the last minute, like my toothbrush etc...but otherwise, I even managed to stuff my bathrobe in there! Kiddo’s bag is nearly packed as well - thank goodness! I think I actually accomplished something!!! I think tonight after I get home from work I am going to clean out my car. Maybe I can get Kiddo to help me – I know he’d love to feel “useful”. Last night, Hubby spent the better part of an hour trying to find our birth certificates so we can bring them to the hospital with us. I have a picture in my mind of what the folder looks like, but as our files never made it back into the filing cabinet after we moved in ’04, they’re still in boxes and crates – which, needless to say, makes finding anything rather difficult. He did find Kiddo’s file which includes his birth certificate, Social Security card and various other things from the hospital. He also found the file that contains our marriage license – but not our birth certificates. You’d think they’d be all together somewhere, but noooo – that would make things entirely too simple. Anyway – I guess that’s it for today. I’m starting to feel a bit jittery already and my mind is starting to get sidetracked, as it inevitably does when I feel like this. I think I need to bring my blood sugar down; how do I do that? Water. Good idea. TTFN JMS

No comments: