Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Surprises (Originally posted May 2, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM LIVEJOURNAL Portions of a multiple e-mail exchange between me and Aunt C that I thought I’d share. I promise I have a point... AC to Me “Hi – UB & I ordered a few items from (your registry at) Target. Do you want them to be a surprise, or do you want me to tell you? Love you, AC” Me to AC “Thank you! Oh...just surprise me! I’m quite excited!!!” AC to Me “You are a champ! I would want to know!! Love to all.........” Now...when I was pregnant, both with Kiddo & Little Bit, and Hubby and I decided not to find out either baby’s gender, people constantly wondered, “I don’t know how you do that...I would want to know!” I guess it’s just part of who I am. Some surprises, like the gender of our babies and what gifts people were kind enough to get me are wonderful!!! Others, for example, like a surprise birthday party – I could do without. I don’t like being the center of attention and so surprises that involve me being the focus aren’t fun at all. I guess I get embarrassed and don’t know how to act or react in situations like that. If I know about the party or whatever, I can prepare myself and therefore not make an idiot of myself or anyone else. I’m currently invited to a wedding shower for this Saturday, which, unfortunately I cannot attend, and a baby shower that is in June, which I have put on my calendar wouldn’t miss. I know that neither of these events are a surprise to either the bride-to-be or the mother-to-be...and I think that’s the way it should be. DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in this blog are not necessarily the opinions of the rest of the natural world...but they should be!!! TTFN JMS

No comments: