Friday, April 20, 2007

Oops and Yahoo! (Originally posted April 20, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM LIVEJOURNAL I stabbed myself in the toe with a fork. Honest...it was an accident...but, I’m probably the only person in history who has ever done that! I think it’s hysterical, even though it hurt like you-know-what. Basically, and without getting into too much detail, I had laid my fork across my plate and picked up the plate to carry it into the kitchen; the fork fell off and landed – tines down – on my right big toe. OUCH!!! Well, it bled like crazy and while I was in the bathroom with my foot up on the toilet seat pouring peroxide on it, I began to laugh and couldn’t stop. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to throw up! I was thinking about having to explain why I was limping to the people at work this morning and realizing how STUPID the whole thing sounded. Only me. TTFN JMS PS: It’s probably horrible that I’m doing this is a post script – makes it seem like it’s an afterthought, which it really isn’t – but I wanted to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS to my very good friend, who I love dearly, on the successful defense of her dissertation! She is now DOCTOR CARA A. ROURE soon-to-be JOHNSON. I am SO proud of you, sweetie! All your long hours of hard work, all the sleepless nights, and all your many trips to Africa (you poor thing) paid off. Doctor Cara A. Roure. That just sounds right. I love you and am so very happy for you. Oh – and it’s not only me as I said above. Cara could easily do exactly what I did. LOL! :)

No comments: