Thursday, May 03, 2007

Clowning Around (Originally posted May 3, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM LIVEJOURNAL So I got an email from KM the other day, and was quite amused when I learned that he was the lucky winner of a pie-in-the-face contest! Literally! Actually, I think he came in 2nd place by very narrow margin. After speaking to his wife, and my good friend, NM last night – I told her to tell him that the videos of him taking a pie in the face should be broadcast far and wide! What better place to do that than this widely-read blog? (Please note my air of sarcasm here.) If you want to see my friend KM receive his pie, CLICK HERE and click on Mr. M’s videos. They’re definitely worth a giggle....but it was all for a good cause. Below is an excerpt from that e-mail – KM, I hope you don’t mind!  “My school is raising funds to purchase some much needed playground equipment. The PTO came up with the idea to donate a dollar, and vote to see your favorite/least favorite teacher catch a pie in the face. I decided to be the "lightning rod" and challenge my students by telling them that they had no shot to pie me in the face, and to "bring it on!" “Needless to say, the students rose to the challenge in a BIG way. We raised $1600 in one week. I think I stirred them up, because I led the in the voting until the last day. I wound up getting hit twice because I had a friendly wager with the librarian that I would garner the most votes. I lost in a close race on the last day, but there were really no losers due to the donations we received last week. “I wanted to let you know that there is a video link to the pie-throwing festivities that occurred on Friday. (I know some of you think that I have deserved that for SOME time now.)” Way to go KM! TTFN JMS

No comments: