Saturday, May 05, 2007

Sleep & Oysters (Originally posted May 5, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM LIVEJOURNAL Last night, Little Bit slept almost 6 full hours! So, maybe I’m looking at about a once-per-month thing where I get a decent night’s sleep…who knows? She’s doing great, though. She’s still a chow-hound and is growing by leaps and bounds. Her next doctor’s appointment is at the end of next week, so we’ll know more then how much she weighs and how long she is. Tonight, we went to our friend Scoop’s house for his annual Oyster Fest… He collects money from everyone he’s invited (this time it was approximately 80 people), and goes to the Shrimp Dock in K-Town for oysters and shrimp. I’m not sure how many bushels of oysters he picked up this time, but probably somewhere between 5 and 10. Then he and his dad – and whoever else wants to help man the grills (yes, grills…plural) – grill the oysters in Scoop’s special concoction and then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top. It’s absolutely out of this world, if you like oysters, which I do. It’s also quite the experience – we always have a good time. Anywhoo…I guess that’s all I’ve got for now. Wish I had something interesting to say or some fun story to tell…but I don’t. Hope everyone is well! TTFN JMS

No comments: