Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Busy Day

It would be an understatement to say that today was a busy day. It started off a little rough as Kiddo was a bit difficult this morning and Little Bit was somewhat fussy. But, we finally got ourselves together and made it to church. Kiddo was supposed to "Move up" to the next level in Sunday School today, but today was also the first day we decided to leave Little Bit in the Nursery - and since Kiddo is used to the Nursery and used to his sister, he stayed there with her. We'll move him up next week. I was not too terribly worried about leaving her there because I knew the ladies would take great care of her - I mean, Kiddo always comes back OK, right? So with a few instructions and several kisses, I left my two babies in someone else’s care for an hour. I knew things would be fine and was pleasantly surprised to find that Little Bit had eaten her entire bottle and was sleeping peacefully in her car seat upon my return. Yay! Today is Trinity Sunday, and there was much discussion about blessing and the meaning of the word "Blessed." It was a good sermon, as it always is (I like our Pastor). The only problem was that there were several versions of "Amazing Grace" sung, played etc... The organist played it to open the services, there was a bagpiper that played it during prayer & reflection (the bagpipes sent me over the edge into a sobbing puddle of tears...) and it was played and sung again in hymn-form toward the end of the service. Needless-to-say, I was a miserable wreck and I'm sure I looked like I'd just lost my favorite Aunt or something; eyes all puffy & red with tear stains on my face. When church was over, we went home and ate some lunch and then Hubby drove Little Bit & me to our friend AH's house for her baby shower, while Hubby & Kiddo went to our friend GM's house for her son's 5th birthday party. The shower was lovely, and AH looked fabulous - as always. I was introduced to several members of her family and quite a few of her friends and everyone seemed so nice! Hubby and I put together a diaper bag with several necessities (Arbonne Baby Care products, Mylicon Drops, a receiving blanket, a couple burp cloths, some diapers, and some breast feeding necessities). We got her a diaper bag that her husband won't be embarrassed to carry - it's made by Jeep! I was very pleased with the way it came out, and I think it went over quite well. Hubby and Kiddo had a good time at the birthday party. We got Kiddo's little friend a Spiderman Action Figure and I think everyone had a blast running around. Kiddo came home sticky, sweaty and in a great mood - though definitely tired. (Another day with no nap, though. He didn't get one yesterday, either, and was in bed and sound asleep by 7:00. We didn't hear from him until around 7:00 this morning!) Then, Hubby came back to the baby shower, picked me up, and we went to B&TG's house to borrow their truck again so I can get to work tomorrow without Hubby having to play Taxi. We stayed there for about an hour so Kiddo and SG could play for a while. Oh...and something else that happened today. Little Bit rolled over all by herself! She was getting some "tummy time" at the baby shower and just holding her little head up and kicking her feet...having a great ol' time - and the next thing we knew, she was on her back! At first, I thought that one of the ladies there had turned her over, but when she did it again minutes later, it was obvious that Little Bit had done it all by herself! I'm so proud of her! She'll be 3 months old on the 8th (this coming Friday) and she's progressing like such a little champ! She can do baby push-ups and hold herself there, looking around, for so long I'm amazed she doesn't get tired. She was so happy and good this entire day. She was even laughing at something (have yet to figure out exactly what it was that made her laugh, but we think it was probably one of the gift bags at the shower that had lots of really colorful polka dots). Ah...the joys of parenting. Today was definitely busy...but it was a good day. TTFN, JMS

No comments: