Monday, June 11, 2007

A few of my favorite things... (Originally posted June 11, 2007)

TRANSFERRED FROM IVILLAGE There are quite a lot of negative things happening in my life right now. Upon reviewing my last post, I realized that I need to begin thinking of all the positive things in my life: things I like & things I love. So, without further ado and in no particular order: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer Arbonne Intelligence Exfoliating Masque w/ Thermal Fusion Half.com Internet Movie Database VistaPrint I always love my son, but most especially when he gets a giggle fit and says, "Mommy, I can't stop laughing!" or when he yells, "Wait! I have to give you just one more hug before you leave!" as I'm walking out the door in the morning. Or those times (now few and far between) when he puts his head on my chest or tummy and simply lies there, listening, with his arms around me. (He did this last night after we read a story together and got a giggle fit because my tummy was making noises.) I always love my daughter, but most especially as she wakes up all warm and sleepy. She stretches herself out and then looks at me - and I can see the recognition in her eyes when she gives me the biggest grin! Or, when I hold her up in a standing position and she jumps up and down on her strong, chubby little legs, grinning and cooing. (Note to self: retrieve the "Johnny Jump Up" from basement and find a suitable doorframe.) I always love my husband, but especially on weekend mornings when I hear him, with our son, in the kitchen cooking breakfast and the sounds of, "Let me stir, Daddy!" followed by, "Don't stir so fast, son, you're slopping it all over the place!" and "Go tell mommy that breakfast is ready!" or when he leaves me a voice mail message at work reminding me that he loves me. Yes - I am definitely blessed by all these favorite things. It makes me realize that for all the negativity, there is so very much that is positive. TTFN JMS

No comments: