Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rain, rain, go away!

It used to be, because I was so afraid of driving even in good weather, that I would have had to pull over to wait out a storm. This morning, the rain came down hard and fast, literally blinding me as I drove to work, and I did not pull over once; though, in hindsight, I probably should have. It was dark, darker than usual because of all the cloud cover, and the lights from the cars coming the other direction only made it more difficult to see. I think, at one point, the rain was even coming up from below, rather than falling from above. There was just water everywhere and I'll admit, it was quite nerve-wracking. I was going about 35 miles an hour on the parkway and there were people passing me like it was a beautiful, sunny day, with clear visibility! I saw at least three accidents on one 4-mile stretch of road. I guess those speedy morons realized that driving in rain like that is almost as bad as trying to drive on a snowy road in the middle of winter in Maine! I feel like I've passed some kind of brave person's test. Sigh. TTFN JMS

No comments: