Monday, June 23, 2008

Nope. I'm not dead.

My 10 days of no posting has been due to a mixture of extreme busyness (is that a word?) and a complete lack of interest. Well, I guess "lack of interest" isn't really the correct term, but it will do. It's not like there hasn't been anything going on but I'm honestly just now finding time to be able to write for a few minutes. My new boss started last Tuesday (6/17) and work-wise, it was a week of setting up meetings, helping with the unpacking process, and getting him acquainted to his new folks and new surroundings. Then on Friday, even though I had plenty to keep me busy, I decided I couldn't stand the overhead cabinets in my desk being in the state they were in, so I just had to organize them. It could not wait. I'm planning two events, working on three newsletters (well, only one now because I finished two of them), getting New Boss settled and generally getting a feel for how my new life is going to be. On Friday, Hubby took both kids to the Festival our town puts on every year and had quite a lot of fun. Since I didn't get to go on Friday, my friend, the Microbiologist (oooh, she's gonna hate me) I took the kids to the Festival on Saturday. We spent 90% of our time in the children's area on the bouncy things and digging for fake gold and silver coins, plastic bugs and other such novelties in the enormous, made-just-for-the-festival-and-then-taken-down-because-they-don't-need-it sandbox. The kids were sweaty and tired and in desperate need of a bath that night. As it was, the sun got to all of us, I think, and after lunch with History Buff and his son we all went home for a nap. Oh - and then we lost power last night for a couple hours and during that time, hubby managed to move the television over to its new home across the room and remove the oversized medicine cabinet monstrosity from the bathroom so we can find and install a new one that sits flush with and inside the wall. In a couple hours of work, he created about 6 hours of more work - but in the end it's going to be worth it. With the huge medicine cabinet gone, the bathroom already feels SO much bigger! Well, I've rambled about nothing now for...um...how long? I'm going to sign off. Everyone's well. TTFN JMS

No comments: