Friday, June 06, 2008

Ok, creep me out!

On Monday night I had dinner w/ BG. Tuesday night I had dinner with a group of folks from my office, an event to which I felt forced to go. Not that I don't like everyone I work with, but I am not really that socially inclined, especially when all other attendees to said dinner were management. What do I, a lowly Administrative Assistant, have to contribute to any conversation they may have? But I went. I enjoyed a humongous salad and a lovely chocolate confection, about 6 glasses of water, and one very hot cup of coffee. (Burned my tongue!) I participated in the conversations in which I felt, with a reasonable degree of certainly, that I wouldn't completely embarrass myself. I excused myself around 8PM and drove home to my quiet house and a dog who was crossing her legs in a desperate need to pee. Wednesday was very, very busy. I got home and did, well...nothing too terribly strenuous. Thursday brought a killer headache; nausea and light sensitivity and dizziness included. Went home (with kind permission from new MD) and slept until my brain didn't feel like it was about to leak out of my ears. Then I rearranged furniture, did laundry (even put it all away), did dishes, and went to bed at midnight, having not quite finished watching Karate Kid II. (Seen it - it was just background noise anyway.) And I think there is something "otherworldly" in my house. Maybe I'm crazy. I probably am crazy. But something decidedly odd happened that spooked me pretty good. Around 11PM, I was seated in my big, old, red leather chair resting for 20 minutes or so and waiting for the load of laundry in the dryer to finish so I could fold it before I went to bed. There was one, small Kiddo shirt folded neatly on the sofa across from me. It has a plastic Spiderman head on it with eyes that light up and blink when the shirt is moved. The dog was sleeping in the bedroom and it was just me and Karate Kid II. I was not touching the sofa. Spiderman's eyes started blinking. Then it stopped. I raised an eyebrow at it, but otherwise didn't really think about it much. About three minutes later, Spiderman's eyes started blinking again. I muted the TV and issued my challenge: "Do it again." Spiderman went blinky, blinky, blinky. Me: "Do it again." Spiderman: "Blinky, blinky, blinky." Me: "Do it again." Spiderman: "Blinky, blinky, blinky." (Remember...not touching anything except for the white-knuckle grip on the arms of my chair.) Me: "Do it again." Spiderman: "Blinky, blinky, blinky." Me: "Ok..stop now." I never heard one more peep from Spiderman until I got brave and moved the shirt into Kiddo's room before I went to bed. Honest and truly the hair on the back of my neck was standing on end and I had goose bumps all over my arms. One other thing I should make sure to mention is that I have not, once, this entire time my beloved family has been gone, turned on SciFi to watch Ghost Hunters. Well, I guess that's it for now. What do you think of that? TTFN JMS

1 comment:

malfunctionology101 said...

That is creeeeeeeeepy! Wow.