Friday, July 18, 2008

Much ado about nothing...again

I'm feeling tired today, but, all things considered, rather clear-headed. This is a good thing. I'm quite pleased that today is Friday and that the weekend is looming large in front of me. It has been a very busy week and one that I'm glad to have over with. Our Sr. VP was here on Tuesday, which, though she's extremely good to me, is still somewhat stressful. Everyone runs around making sure things are "just so" and then they all walk on eggshells while she's here. I guess because they don't work with her in the same way I do, they don't know her as well, or feel as comfortable around her. I don't know. But her visits always seem to stress people out. The visit itself was quick and a good one - she had her meetings (all of which I set up for her) and left the same afternoon. She was happy, very pleased with how things were running here, had some great things to say about some of the changes we're putting in place, and was on her way. I've been working on several small projects, one of which was a mail-merge for our Human Resources department that took me all of about 30 minutes. I'm also trying to get some of the artwork replaced, which has required several phone calls to the art consultant in Dallas, TX who was brought on board back before this building even opened! The ball is rolling and I should have a quote in a week or two after the consultant has a chance to track down what we want. I'm also working on transcribing the recorded session from our Manager/Supervisor off-site last Friday. It's 4 hours worth of recording and I'm only able to work on it for about 30 minutes at a time. That much typing makes my fingers get tired! I start getting cross-fingered; it's like being cross-eyed, but not...you know? I was able to spend some time this week during my lunch breaks trying to track down some material for those patio chairs. I found a dealer here in the city that is helping me out and being my liaison with the manufacturer. Since the chairs are probably 12+ years old, they are no longer being made so that puts a bit of a crimp in the process. I took a few pictures of the chairs and chaise and sent them along to my contact at the dealer which should help identify them. I'm not sure what the plan is for this weekend, but I'm hoping it will involve finishing the work on the medicine cabinet and light in our bathroom, and maybe beginning the work on the 2nd door to Kiddo's room. My plan, personally, is to finish the laundry - my never-ending nemesis. All is well on the home-front and I really don't have anything all that interesting to report (as I'm sure you can tell by now, if you've gotten this far). Kiddo, Little Bit and I spent a little while just hanging out in the back yard last night when I got home from work. This morning, I spoke to Kiddo on the phone and he said, "Mommy? When you get home, maybe you can play with [Little Bit] and I can teach Daddy how to use the High Light?" High Light is actually Light Bright, a great toy he got for his birthday. Speaking of Kiddo's birthday - need to make a general apology to anyone who reads this blog that also attended his party back in March. I have not written any Thank You notes for anything he got for his birthday. This is honestly complete laziness on my part and I'm sorry. So, not that this is the personal way I would prefer to do this, but if you gave Kiddo something for his birthday, please know that we do thank you whole-heartedly. Anyway - now that I've written forever about nothing, I'll sign off. Have a great weekend! Ooohhh! Maybe we'll go swimming! TTFN JMS PS: Can you tell my ADD is acting up today? Oh wait! I see something shiny! Gotta go!

No comments: