Monday, July 21, 2008

This Fantastic Weekend

We had a wonderful, fun, fantastic weekend! Really, that's not my sarcasm shining through.

On Saturday night, we all went to the county fair. Kiddo and I rode the Ferris wheel together, then he rode on the kiddie airplanes, then we, and Our Favorite Mechanic & his family, all went and watched the lawnmower races (something I was dragged to, but not quite kicking and screaming - more on that later), then we ate hot dogs, drank fresh-squeezed lemonade, then Kiddo and I rode the Chinese Dragon Roller Coaster thingy, and he rode the motorcycle-go-round whatchacallit, and then we both went down the mile-high slide. Ok, so it wasn't really a mile high, but the bazillion steps up to the top could have convinced me otherwise. Also, I think I had a heart attack on the way down. Kiddo and I went separately instead of together and I am completely surprised he didn't get scared. I was more scared than he was!

Anyway - Little Bit had the best time at the Lawnmower Races. She "Wowed" and "Oohhed" and clapped her little hands while watching these buzzing mowers race around a dirt track. After about the third race, I looked at Our Favorite Mechanic and said, "Is it over yet?" He said, "It can be..." and we left.

Kiddo really really didn't want to leave and almost got in trouble on the way out because he pulled away from me and stopped. We had already explained to him that this was the type of place where there are too many people and he absolutely had to hold somebody's hand. Pulling away from Mommy was not an option.

On the way home, both kids sat quietly in their seats and drew on their doodle boards. I was amazed that neither of them fell asleep on the ride home! But bedtime that night was a non-issue as both of them were asleep inside five minutes of being tucked in.

Then, last night, we had the Vacation Bible School kick-off BBQ at our church. There were water toys and a pool and sprinklers and bubbles and sidewalk chalk and lots of fun things for the kids to do. There was even a band. Little Bit had such a good time dancing and wiggling her little behind to the music - it was so cute! (The pictures below didn't place evenly - there should be 8 of them so keep scrolling down!)

We really had a great weekend.

TTFN
JMS

































1 comment:

Oneofeach said...

It was a great day when B started drawing things that look relatively normal!!!! So cute!