Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Request for Assistance

OK folks, help me out here. Hubby and I received a patio set from his sister (which we're very happy to have) but the fabric seats in the chairs need to be replaced before we can use them. I have called all over the city looking for a place that sells the fabric so that we could do it ourselves, but have had no luck. Today, for example, I sent an email to Hearth & Patio to see if they do it or could recommend someone who could. There are places I've found online, but they all seem to require shipping the chairs to them - which, of course, we do not want to do. I'm getting frustrated here, because Hubby and I really want to make good use of the outdoor furniture this summer and at this rate, it will be winter again before we get the chairs in any condition to use! I'm envisioning iced tea with friends while we watch the children play in the back yard. I'm such a suburbanite! :) Do you have any thoughts or suggestions that could help us? Does anyone know how to replace the fabric seats on the chairs and chaise? If we can track down fabric, maybe you can show us what to do. This seems a silly request, but actually I'm using any and all ways I can to find this stuff! Thanks! TTFN JMS

1 comment:

The Bashams said...

If you sew they are super easy to make. go to joanns or hobby lobby or a large fabric store and they usually(especially this time of year) have outdoor fabric. if not, you could always just get a heavy duty cotton and take one of the existing cushions and use it as your patten. oh.... just send them to me and i'll make them.