Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Birthdays and Meetings

Gosh...where to begin!? I will do my best not to make this one of my novellas...but I've been a busy human, and I've definitely got the sleepy-fuzzy head to prove it! First of all, I would like to say a very happy 40th birthday to my Hubby, whom I adore. He's a wonderful man, a fantastic father, an all around loving person and I couldn't be more lucky to have him in my life. I love you. Secondly, I was given 10 days to pull together a meeting for the 40+ person Leadership Team at work. This meant finding a hotel that could accommodate us not only in capacity, but in availability as I was given a set date for this event...August 12th. I called every hotel in the city and finally got a response from one which was centrally located but one which we have never used before. I spent an hour on the phone with the sales & catering office getting everything worked out, but it all came together nicely - even though it was last minute. They were very accommodating and I've heard good feedback about the location from the folks who attended the meeting - so we will be using them again! Anyway - on Monday this week, I came in to the office at 7:AM, worked my tail off (I don't think I breathed all day!) and left at 4PM. Hubby had things to do outside of the house that didn't include the kids, so I was at home with them while Hubby went out. I had not, however, finished all the things I needed to do for the next day and so when Hubby got home, I went back to work at 9PM. From 9PM to almost 11:30PM, I worked my butt off trying to organize everything for the Leadership meeting the next day and when I felt satisfied that I had everything in order, I went home and literally fell into bed. I had intended on taking a shower before I went to bed that night so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning, but I was so tired that I gave up on that idea even before I got home! So the Tuesday morning, I'm up at 5AM, showered, dressed and back at the office before 6AM so I could pack all the stuff I needed for the meeting into my car and be at the hotel by 6:30. As it happened, I didn't get to the hotel until about 6:45 and only had 45 minutes to set everything up before breakfast started at 7:30AM! I got in right under the wire! People started arriving, breakfast was fantastic, the staff at the hotel was awesome and extremely accommodating. We had some technical issues with the microphones and sound system, but other than that, I think it went very well. Lunch was great, all the snacks were perfect and the content of the meeting was interesting, even to me, who doesn't do what everyone else who was there does. (Did that make sense? It seems a little disjointed...) I worked until just before 5PM, went home, had the kiddos all night, put them to bed around 8PM, and then crashed heavily into bed myself at around 9PM. I slept all night, had some seriously disturbing dreams, and was up to do it all over again this morning. Gosh, I'm tired! TTFN JMS

No comments: