Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kids, Sickness, Housework, & The Pagan Stone

Kiddo seems to be feeling better, but Little Bit is still not feeling well. She was up more than she was down last night so needless-to-say, I'm still very tired today. I left work early yesterday (at 9:30 AM) so that I could go home to be with my sick kids and so that Hubby could go to his doctor's appointment and run his errands without dragging them with him. Not only would it not be good for the kids to be out and about, but it wouldn't be good for anyone who came in contact with them. I guess Strep is contagious (as if I didn't know...). Ha! So when I got home, I spent some time reading with the kids while they snuggled with me. Then we ate a soft lunch ('cause throats still hurt) and then we all curled up in my bed to watch Wall-E. I had Little Bit's head on my left shoulder and Kiddo's head on my chest. My feet were freezing, but I didn't care - I was in full Mommy Mode. There was a good nap in there somewhere. There was a bunch of whining and complaining. When Hubby got home, I scrubbed the bathtub and did a bunch of laundry. Little Bit got a warm bath before she went to bed at 6:30 PM and Kiddo, Hubby and I stayed up for a while and watched Rachel Ray cook scallops and then some guy from America's Test Kitchen showed us how to make the perfect holiday turkey. We all love those cooking shows! So I'm back at work today and looking forward to reading The Pagan Stone by Nora Roberts, which came out last night at 12:01AM. Don't know how much time I'll have to read at work, but I know I'll at least have 30 minutes or so during lunch! Ugh... Two more days. I can get through two more days. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...! Then a long, Holiday weekend! TTFN JMS

No comments: