Monday, November 24, 2008

Strep Throat & "Date" with G

Both kids have strep! We're lucky our pediatrician has Sunday hours! Kiddo's swab came back positive right away; Little Bit's came back negative, but the doctor is 99.9% sure that she's got it, too. All the same symptoms and a higher temp than Kiddo's. They're going to run the 24hour culture just to be sure. They're treating both of them with antibiotics. I was also told it was OK to administer some Children's Motrin but cautioned that they both should eat something first so that the medicine wouldn't upset their stomachs. Kiddo ate a little food last night, some tiny pieces of chicken, some orange, sugar-free jello and a banana. He seemed fine and even got a popsicle after he was through. He took his medicine without issue. Little Bit ate some lemon-lime jello and a banana, but it all came back up. Poor thing. We finally ended up giving her an orange popsicle (just to get something in her) and a bottle. She took her medicine with some difficulty, but we got most of it in her. At 11:30PM, she woke up and wanted another bottle, but I gave her a bottle with cool water in it and she settled right back down. She seemed like she was burning up and I thought the cool water would help. She was still asleep when I left for work this morning. Kiddo, on the other hand, came scuffing into the kitchen in his footie jammies asking for water. He took his cup of water back to his room with him and climbed back into bed. He was mostly asleep five minutes later when I went in to check on him. I've made my boss aware of the sickness at home and he told me to do whatever I needed to do; that my babies came first. Can you believe it!? My former boss would have complained bitterly, but eventually let me go. There was no issue with New MD at all, and he's on vacation! Boy, do I consider myself lucky. **** On a different note, G and I went to see "Twilight" on Friday. Let me just say that I've never seen anything like the madness that the theatre was that night. There were teenagers running everywhere wearing "Team Edward" shirts and screaming, jumping up and down like crazed people. It made me think of what it must have been like to go to a Beatles concert back when. The screaming, jumping, crying and hugging. The movie was AWESOME! I can't wait to see it again! I thought G already had the tickets, but didn't know until late in the game that she didn't have them. Our intent was to go to the 7PM showing, but by the time we got there, the 7PM showing had been sold out for 3 hours! We went to the 8PM showing and had to sit in the 2nd row from the front because it was so packed. It was still awesome. G and I sat in her car and just talked and listened to my crazy music for an hour or so and then we went in to immerse ourselves in the craziness of the theatre. It was lots of fun! Thanks for being my "date" G! TTFN JMS


Oneofeach said...

Hope the kidlets feel better. We are recovering from strep too. Happy Thanksgiving.

malfunctionology101 said...

I said I was sorry!!! It completely slipped my mind! We need to go to a matinee next time so we can actually get decent seats:) Hope your "day off" goes okay and that the kids feel better.