Friday, December 12, 2008

Visiting the Throne of the Porcelain god, Family Christmas, and Folks who Read My Blog

Kiddo and Hubby are sick again. Tummy this time. Kiddo was up visiting the throne of the porcelain god last night several times, poor kid. Hubby didn't get much sleep because he was up with Kiddo. Kiddo is 4 1/2 and doesn't really understand what's happening so it scares him and he cries. It's very sad. He does not have a temperature at all. It sounds very similar to whatever I had on Monday, which was mostly gone 24 hours later so I'm hoping that will be the case here. We're supposed to go to Deep-in-the-Holler VA to GM's house for our family Christmas celebration tomorrow, so hopefully everyone will be feeling A-OK by then. I am really excited about seeing everyone, but I'm especially excited about seeing my new baby niece who was born on 12/4! This means that I want everyone I take with me to be healthy so I can hold the baby!!! Yes, it's selfish...I can't help myself. I'm nearly done with Christmas shopping for this event tomorrow. Hubby will hopefully be able to go do a few last minute things today that will round off the shopping hullabaloo and I can then get everything wrapped and ready. (Speaking of which, I need to check with Tennswede to see if he's got a couple boxes I can use...) **** It's always interesting to learn of folks who read this blog. One of the guys I work with said to me this morning, "Oh, hey! I wanted to tell you that I love your blog! You write very well." (Or something to that effect.) I was very pleased to hear this because I didn't know this person read my blog - but then he's a friend on MySpace and I've got my blog listed there, so it's not that unusual. I'm sure there are several people who read my blog that I don't know about. But it's always fun to learn that they enjoy reading it. I enjoy writing it. Even if I have nothing to say! TTFN JMS

No comments: