Monday, July 19, 2010

Did I mention that I am TOTALLY THRILLED!!! ???

Recently, a friend and fellow church-goer, announced that she would be stepping down from her 3-year role as the Children's Ministry Assistant. (She coordinates ministries for children such as Sunday school and making sure teachers are available, and Vacation Bible School and activities such as Dance and Drama and others...) In any case, when she announced this, I had an "AH HA" moment and quickly discussed this "AH HA" moment with another friend and fellow church-goer who is the Program Coordinator at church. I said that once Current CMA relinquished her role, that I would like to step into it, even if it is just in the interim until someone better comes along or until the Staff Parish Committee decides to change the way the position is handled. (Currently it is a paid, 10-hour per week position, but they've been discussing making it a volunteer position. I have issues with that, but that's not for now.) Anyway - Program Director friend seemed very pleased I was willing to do this and said that she would mention it to the Staff Parish Committee. Long story short (too late, right?) I got the job! At least until the end of the year when they may possibly change its direction. But I'm TOTALLY THRILLED! I know it's an extra 10 hours a week, but I really want this. I believe it's a God-led decision, not only on my part, but on the part of the Staff Parish Committee and that there is a bigger purpose here. Don't know what it is yet, but I will eventually (I hope) figure it out. I've been praying for a way to give more of myself in service...and I think this is a fantastic way to start! I'm currently in training, as I don't officially begin my position until August 1st. I say again, I'm TOTALLY THRILLED!!! Some day I'll have to get on my soap box and explain why this is so important to me, and to others. But today is not the day. TTFN JMS

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Congrats on the position. I'm sure you'll bring your customary organizational skills and can do attitude to make it work brilliantly.