Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Contemplating the Complexities of Life - at 3AM

Last night was one of those nights. Hubby and I settled in to watch G.I. Joe: Retaliation but he fell asleep pretty quickly. I watched the entire movie - which was a good source of entertainment. Sometime after the movie was over, though, Little Bit got up and decided she needed me. This is unusual, because she's my good sleeper and doesn't ever get up unless there's something wrong. So I did the mommy thing. I snuggled with her for a bit, got her resettled, tucked her in, made sure she had her stuffed dog and her blankie, and made sure she was asleep again.

Good deal.

For her, yes. For me? Not so much.

I spent most of the night staring at the ceiling, contemplating the complexities of life, worrying about stuff that adults worry about and generally not sleeping.

Finally, though, about 4:30AM, I went out - deeply. Only to be awakened with much confusion and frustration at 5:15AM to take my daily thyroid meds.

So here I am now, running on empty and wondering how I'm going to make it through my day.

Hopefully it won't be one of those days.

TTFN
JMS

No comments: